Thursday 27 August 2015

Something I'm loving in Dublin...


Reading in the park: sitting on the grass, with a good book, enjoying the gentle breeze in a sunny day, it's one of the thing I love the most of my new life in Dublin.


N°7 Boots Lipstick "Sweet Copper": I want to say a big Thank you to the lovely Rebecca of "Halfway Home" who suggested me to go to Boots and ask for a "colour match" to find the shade of lipstick that matches perfectly with my skin tone. It turned out that I'm a "warm ivory" so I chose this beautiful bright color and I must say I bloody love it!


"Cornucopia": a vegetarian restaurant, on Wicklow Street in Dublin, in a beautiful Georgian building. I discovered this place thanks to my japanese friend Chikako and I loved the warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere, but especially their menu! The food is prepared in-house, it's delicious and changes every day.
Being a dairy-free greedy girl, this is a paradise for me, because they are passionate about vegan and gluten-free food, so I can eat almost everything and, moreover, I can enjoy amazing cakes and scones!!!
The name Cornucopia is a symbol of food and abundance so I can't really think about a more perfect place to spend some quality time with my friends!


Sipping Chai Tea Latte with soy milk: the warm, aromatic flavors of cardamom, cinnamon and black pepper ...a beverage that is wonderfully sweet and spicy and makes me feel cuddled and regenerated!
I've tried it for the first time in a little Starbucks near St. Stephen's Green this summer ( how did I survive for 27 years without it??!!) and I'm determined to learn how to prepare it by myself before the long, freezing winter, because it's the perfect thing to enjoy under a wool blanket, watching the snow falling down...Any suggestion??!!


Wandering around in the amazing independent bookstore "Chapters" : housed on two floors, it sells an extensive range of books, music, and dvds, both new and secondhand, as well as thousands of bargain priced titles!
As you know very well I'm a booklover so, when I came in for the first time I felt completely speechless! I spent more than two hours inside, totally absorbed in this magic world! There were so many amazing books that I could have bought everything but, in the end, I decided to choose two classics: "Little Women" by Louise May Alcott and "Rebecca" by Daphne Du Maurier. I can't wait to loose myself again between the shelves of this little piece of heaven in the hearth of Dublin!


Love
Martina






5 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased you found a lipstick you liked. The No.7 ladies are always so lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely lovely..that girl was so patient with me and she suggested me the right one!!! <3
      xxx
      Martina

      Delete
  2. Martinaa, it is amazing that you have discovered this bookstore :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you darling!!! :) you're adorable..it was a pleasure to meet you and work with you!!! <3

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog :) I'm just recently returned to Dublin after 5 years living away so I'm rediscovering the city anew - loving your posts on Dublin so far and making new discoveries of sights to see and nice places to eat. I'm glad you're enjoying living here so far - I think it's a great city but I could be a little biased :)

    ReplyDelete