Saturday 15 August 2015

And The Sun Was Shining In Howth...


Hi lovelies!

Here I am for another chapter of my life in Ireland!
The last weekend of July my parents and my sister flew to Dublin to visit me for some days, so I thought it would have been a good idea to take advantage of the sunny weather and going to Howth, a small fishing village, for a short family trip!
We met on Saturday morning in St. Stephen's Green and, after the sweetest hugs and kisses and a proper breakfast in Starbucks, we went straight to Tara's Station to take the train to reach our destination, ready to breath the salty air of the sea.





Once in Howth we started to wander around all the tempting little seafood restaurants of the pier and, after an accurate selection, we chose " The Brass Monkey", which had a relaxed and fun atmosphere!
After a quick look at the menu, I decided to go for a grilled salmon, with roasted baby potatoes, julienne of vegetables and citrus...utterly delicious!!!I don't know if it was because I was with my family and I felt incredibly happy and relaxed, but I enjoyed every single bite of that meal! 


After lunch we decided to explore the village, so we spent a couple of hours strolling around the tiny streets, the cosy cemetery with its old abbey and the market, which offered a fantastic selection of local, Irish and international food, but also jewelry and gift ideas.





Determined to see the seals, we went up to the promontory, where we could finally catch the sight of them...two tubby lovely exemplares, which were relaxing with their bellies up in the cold water of the sea!
Furthermore from up there the scenery was stunning, and we spent at least half an hour sitting on the grass, enjoying the view of the ocean in all its shades of blue, kissed by a pale sun and cuddled by the sound of the waves...









After a month spent far from my family, it was so nice to be together, laughing, chatting, taking lots of pictures...and I realised once again how lucky I am and how much I love them, especially my little sister who is growing up as a wonderful young woman and is always my best ally!!!

Love
Martina

6 comments:

  1. You look like you're having such a wonderful time in Ireland. How much longer are you over there for? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday Rebecca!!! =) I'll be in Dublin until the end of September..so if you are planning a trip,let me know! ;) It would be amazing to meet you!!!
      xxx
      Martina

      Delete
  2. You're so beautiful darling, that place is perfect for you, I see you relaxed and happy ^_^
    Love
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh how wonderful!!! :D!

    SO nice of your family to come over and see you. You an really tell how happy and relaxed you are by the way you've written this: and boy oh boy do I fancy your dinner right now! mm!!

    Flora
    www.hardyandhay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flora!!! :) It's amazing to receive your comment!!! :D you've made my day!!! It was wonderful to visit such a gorgeous place with them..and that meal was so yummy!!!
      Thank you very much again!!!
      xxx
      Martina

      Delete