Wednesday 20 August 2014

Cheesecake: a yummy italian version...


As you know, baking is my big passion! I discovered it some years ago when I suddenly became allergic to dairy-products. At the beginning I couldn't eat many things, and it was so sad because even cakes, biscuits, ice-creams and yogurts were totally forbidden for me!
I am a rather greedy girl and I didn't give up at the first snag, so I started to look for dairy-free recipes on the net, in cooking magazines and books and I really discovered a new world! You can prepare delicious things also without milk, butter and cream, trust me!
You can replace milk with soy milk or rice milk, butter with margarine or oil and give free rein to your creativity, churning out biscuits, donuts, muffins and delicious cakes!
Cook puts me in a good mood, and 
there is something relaxing and rejuvenating in mixing together the various ingredients to form the dough and watch it grow in the oven while the kitchen is filled with a delicious aroma!!!
But what I like the most is cooking together! This is the recipe of a cheesecake that I made with my friend Giulia to celebrate the return of her boyfriend after ten days of volunteering! Although I couldn't taste it because it was filled with cheese, I enjoyed a lot preparing it and the smell was so good to make my mouth water!!!


INGREDIENTS

270 gr of dry biscuits
130 gr butter
500 gr mascarpone cheese
500 gr ricotta ( a soft, white italian cheese)
160 gr sugar
3 eggs

Chop the biscuits ad add the melted butter to create the base of the cake by crushing the mixture well on the bottom of a buttered baking pan or lined with parchment paper.


Mix mascarpone, ricotta, sugar and eggs with the whip and pour the cream over the biscuit base.


Bake at 170 degrees for 40 minutes.




Spread the berries jam on the surface of the cake.


Put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.


Taste it and let me know if you like it!!! :)

xoxo
Martina

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous looking cheesecake! It must be a little difficult finding delicious recipes when you're allergic to so many things but it looks like you've hit the jackpot with this one! I adore cheesecake. I make my own but The English Cheesecake Company are AMAZING on a special occasion :)

    Caroline x
    www.cocktailsandcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!Your own cheesecake must be divine Caroline!!! :D Is there an English Cheesecake Company??...Wonderful!!! <3
      xoxo
      Martina

      Delete
  2. Baked cheesecake is the best but I can't believe you couldnt eat any of this one!! Such a shame because it looks divine!
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle!!! :D Sometimes it's not so easy, especially with this kind of delicious cakes!!!;P
      xoxo
      Martina

      Delete
  3. It looks like to be delicious *-* baking is my passion to, what do you think about something made by you and me together? =D
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a good idea Emily darling!!! <3 We must bake together as soon as possibile!!! why don't we try one of the recipes we found in the little book last week when we were alone at work?
      :D
      kisses
      Martina

      Delete