Saturday 25 January 2014

Tiny Beautiful Things Of The Week

This week has been really demanding and stressful because of the study for the University exams, but I also had some beautiful moments with my family and my friends!
On Tuesday I had an exam so I spent the day in Venice with my best friend Giulia..it was a sunny day and we went in a tiny restaurant near Rialto's Bridge to eat delicious fried fish!!!:)

It was exactly what we needed!!!

After lunch we went in a little shop, called "Marco Polo",  which sells second hand books, where I bought two books that I really want to read: " When God was a Rabbit" by Sarah Winman and "The daylight gate" by Jeanette Winterson.

                                   Has anyone read these books?

I met Jeanette Winterson three years ago during a cultural event organised by the University of Cà Foscari and I really like her books. My favourite is "Oranges are not the only fruit" but I read also " Lighthousekeeping", " The Powerbook" and " Written on the body". She has an extraordinary imagination and her writing is humorous, funny and intense at the same time!

I want to leave you with a quote from "Oranges are not the only fruit", simple words which mean a lot for me because they express what I really want and what I will research in my life:

" I want someone who is fierce and will love me until death and know that love is as strong as death, and be on my side for ever and ever...There are many forms of love and affection, some people can spend their whole lives together without knowing each other's names. Naming is a difficult and time-consuming process; it concern essences and it means power. But on the wild nights who can call you home? Only the one who knows your name."
 
 Have a good weekend!!!
        Martina
          xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment